Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - career as RSAF air force engineer ME4
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:57 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm currently serving my ns in pasir ris camp, soon to be posted to SCS. I'm in the force for about 8 months already as a NSF. I wish to sign on as ME4 and apply local study award scheme. I graduated from Singapore poly with aerospace electronic and have a uni placing in ntu EEE. I'm quite sure that my diploma and degree are relevant to rsaf me4 job scope. I'm lost as I don't know how can I apply for it. My Encik told me that I have to wait til 6 months before ord to apply. Whoever knows anything about me4 application, please advice me on what can I do and which department I can approach etc... With more informations. Thank you in advance.
Also , may I know if choosing me4 path is good or bad?
My plan is to sign 5 years first to see if I'm suitable for it. If I'm not, I plan to join private aerospace sectors after 5 year bond. Will my 5 years in rsaf be counted as working experience???
Since you're already in NS, you should know whether regimental lifestyle (i.e. no dye/long hair, military discipline etc) is for you. If you're okay with it, by all means and try it out, esp since the risk is low and reward is high.

As mentioned in my post earlier, should you decide to leave RSAF, be prepared to start afresh i.e. eating humble pie (reporting under someone younger than you) and most likely significant pay cut. Only you would know yourself best.