Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2013, 10:22 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually what is more frustrating is, that i landed a couple of jobs during the 7 months that i have been searching for a proper bank job(and still searching).

And in these 2 jobs there are MANY foreigners, to give you a figure, the first company (I am not going to name it) has more than 60% foreigners, the 2nd company has about 20% foreigners. So the question came to me, "why are there so many foreigners having perm jobs here, when so many of my uni friends and I are out of jobs?" And the salary they pay is only 2k. I had to just take it because i have been out of job for too long.

About the low 2k for a uni grad like me, Another question came to my head "Are the foreigners depressing the salary?" hey it is already 2012/2013, where got uni grad get 2k?? it is so pathetic.
Issues not with FT. The problem is too many young/old S'poreans with general degrees chasing after the same downtown office and bank jobs. No wonder wages can be pressed down and still with long queue outside the door.

Try asking any accounting/engineering/dentistry grads if they've problems finding (provided they're still in same fields), even with many FTs among them.