Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Elle mag: "life is too short to waste on a job or career that kills your spirit
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafa View Post
AMEN. I just find it disconcerting that there are people (actually quite alot) who'd rather be in a high-paying job than in an emotionally-satisfying one. Maybe it's just their practicality insticts kicking in, but well, come on...
"emotionally-satisfying one": The world's oldest trade qualify? [Planet Platinum Limited as listed on ASX]

ok, moving away from such extreme example.

Sharing: I was once amused when a nice (FT/PR) colleague asked when to buy a replacement door mirror cover for his dad's Hyundai Matrix (located in his country of origin. Country N). It later dawned on me that back in his own country, that car is a symbolism of having 'made it' for the family. [Theory of relativity applies in social order.]

Back to SG: Quite amazing that locally, we are head over 'Head over heels' to 'announce' our arrivals in overpriced (with limited validity) cars and (heavily indebted) (generally with limited validity) housing. The saying goes: "One man's meat is another man's poison."

Reflection on oneself: The managing of expectation and ability to fit into the social/physical environment. A person may be happy being alone/single/etc, but the world around him/her may impose a different set of rules. There are implications from that 'single' person's choice. Think housing (read the news). Think school (should we thank them that there is lesser competition for places for the next generation???). Think community and hospital care (What if they do not have sufficient $, who ultimately pays?).

Guy Fawkes

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app