Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - What are you investing in?
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Thanks for sharing mate,

I will write down my personal views, if you feel otherwise feel free to just point them out. I am here to learn

Also would help if you signed off with a nickname makes it easier to identify you.
Sure, just call me Zhang.

Quote:
I believe the MRT was also help bring up the value of the area surrounding, from what I know about the MRT location will be in the tanjung puteri area as well near the customs building. I think that is the only location that is 70% confirm, the question is if the MRT will get extended beyond that to benefit the area around which is a question mark. Malaysia being Malaysia hard to say assuming other politicians with difference don’t get involved. But I agree with what you mentioned about getting residential condo around there I believe it will be beneficial as well.

The Nusajaya section is quite interesting with a lot of changes and is easily accessible via the 2nd link, I doubt the MRT lines will really benefit there unless an extension happens. For me a safer play in that area would be commercial (retail) as opposed to residential which has lower rental benefits (compared to the residential with Golf courses etc unless you intend to use it as a holiday house)

That said certain developments near Puteri Harbour is worth a look if the Msia government can really pull off what they say and build an entire city there. (Right now its sort of Barren)

I have concerns about property safety in JB though, hear many stories about either metal gates getting stolen, wires ripped out, illegal occupants etc. Do they have reliable property management firms in Msia? I have doubts about their property maturity for such services.
I was looking into this seriously over the past month. Am inclined to look further into JB Sentral - effectively to bet on the MRT at Tanjung Puteri.

You're right in that it's not confirmed, but this is probably when the arbitrage game is still relevant.

What I gathered from internet sources are as follows (so have to take with a grain of salt):-
- Heads of agreement on MRT link between Singapore and Malaysia agreed at high level in 2010 (together with the land swap)
- Feasibility study for RTS (MRT link) completed and submitted to both governments end Nov 2012
- Results of feasibility study to be announced either Q1 or Q3 2013
- If its a go, detailed planning to proceed in 2014
- If its a go post detailed planning, target completion is 2018 or 2019

So the next question is: how to effect the bet ie via buying a new condo, a resale condo, raw land or landed.

Raw land and landed is out because there is little raw land in the vicinity, and resale landed is apparently very difficult for foreigners to get approval for.

New condos, there are quite a few to look at, and all are being heavily marketed in Singapore i.e. closest to the CIQ (or the MRT location) are Paragon Suites (next to Lion Hotel) and a new development marketed by Norman Sia (which is next to City Square). Both are about RM800 to 1000 psf.

I dug in a bit deeper and found this condo called Orchid View, right next to the CIQ. About 12-yr old, and get this - going for RM350 psf. So am looking into that now.

But a bit frustrating because the sellers have raised the price almost 15% since I started looking at it. Let's see.

M'sia-S'pore Rapid Transit System feasibility study to be ready by end-Nov

A welcome coming together of two sovereign neighbours

Value Investor Research on KLSE Market: Transport: Singapore link to Tanjung Puteri land?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app