Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Barclays B5 AVP IT salary range
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2012, 05:07 PM

Tracker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
Tracker - you seem to know so much about Wipro. How are you related to them? Or you part of the FT group?
Hahahaha no lah

My unit was one of the first few to be outsourced in a project now commonly known as BPO, we must be the first BPO project Wipro has taken on because when we got there the BPO building wasn't completed yet lol

Anyway my firm ask me to stay in India for oversight, spent about 7 Months in Chennai and 8 Months in Andhra Pradesh working with Infosys and Wipro respectively. (Employed by Main bank to work with the vendors)

We always had issues with the management swapping the best staff on our account with crappier guys, their process I more or less know how it works.

Either way didn't care too much, nothing personal just go in get job done collect money.

Barclays now is outsourcing their operation and also looking for people to go India for long term assignment, its a good opportunity for many to get an experience they will not otherwise get in SG. Unfortunately many staff (even the Filipinos) dare not take up the assignment. Quite a pity.

That's why if one really wanna stay in this industry of operations etc really must broaden horizon to stay in the game