Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much pay should I expect as a lecturer?
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretant View Post
I work in a poly and I must say the numbers you see in the pay scale are indeed what the lecturers get- but there is a catch.. When you join as a lecturer for the first time, you will be put in a PAX6 (if you dont have any previous work exp or lecturing exp) and if you have less than 2-3 years of work exp, you will be put in the higher bracket of PAX6.. So with a masters degree and 1-2 years of work exp, you would earn around $2600-$2700/month with meagre bonus (may be 1.75 month bonus) and the yearly increments come by reallllllllllly slow and it would be at least 10 years before you reach the $5k bracket..
I am employed by one of the polys as a PAX4 lecturer. I had little teaching experience prior to joining the poly but my work experiences made up for it. And a recent job title change placed me as a senior lecturer.

The main thing is the poly recruiting culture is they want your industrial experience. And depending on your field (the demand supply thingy), you may have some negotiating power...