Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Barclays B5 AVP IT salary range
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Tracker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know from experience a IT/IS related project manager (AVP) in UBS is around 10k+, so I assume Barclays should be about the same...
UBS ranking system is somewhat different, they do not use AVP but I think a suitable rank is probably AD. Its Analyst to AO then AD, Barclays is Analyst to AVP to VP.

Different banks have different types of operation they are running, UBS central development is in the UK with their key project managers in the UK. Singapore IT supports a lot of infrastructure software so any project managers in Singapore are likely to be working under the IT space supporting change for infra systems (minor changes) and hence do need IT background which would command a higher salary. These is now being slowly moved to India, if not already.

Barclay's on the other hand maintain most of their back office systems in Ukraine, with the central development team in the US and key project managers in US or UK or Ukraine. Any Singapore roles are generally more business based and the project managers here will have more business background then IT. Hence the salary would not be as high compared to the first.

Additionally majority of the real project managers that roll out global projects would be at least of VP/Director Rank or higher with both business/IT background. The steering committee do not put in million dollar budgets in the hands of AVP/AD rank.

I am excluding the foreign talents that come into SG to work posted in here who probably earn 30% more than what an equivalent counterpart would get. (My hunch)

That said looking at the timeline of the thread I believe I know which role the applicant is applying for (Sometimes friends fwd the postings to me) and that is a change role for operations (so more business based then IT). There are only a handful of AVP roles offered in SG by Barclays and this one of them advertised mid Nov. This is a guess of course, anyway this is an internal vacancy posting probably not in the market and most likely will not be unless they cannot find suitable candidates internally.