Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Expect the Worst Recession in Singapore History and Property Will Crash
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Observer--

Default 3981

Dear Flaw, property speculation involves more initial outlay than share/stock speculation, especially since the government has taken to removing DPS. I do agree that those who had speculated using DPS are more vulnerable to the downturn, especially if they have no holding power. Again, I'd agree that if they are caught in this downturn, and they want to get rid of their property, the turn-around time is going to be longer than stocks/shares, which are typically more immediate. So again, it all comes down to holding power - some speculators can, some can't; and because of the latter, property prices will go down. I think you and I agree on this. The only question is "by how much". Our disagreement I guess is on the usage of the term "crash" - I take this to mean that properties will become virtually valueless, close to $0psf while you obviously take it to mean something else. But like you said, it doesn't matter - everyone sees things differently, even when it comes to term usage and definition. Cheers!