Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats an acceptable pay increment to ask for , new job, new co
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I did my homework on the new co, its financially sound and doing better then my current company.
But...
My current company has more potential to hit 3 to 4k more than what I am drawing now. Why I say so. I know for the level I am at now in my current company the ceiling is close to 10k. Possible a few more salary bands at the current level I am at. single digit growth, and possibly stagnant for 2013.

With the new company, they are doing well, with double digit growth every quater, this can be found in its fiscal report since they are listed. though they are only a 1/4 size of company compared to my current, they are looking to expand in the region. But I doubt it offers way more at the level I will be hired. also for my salary negotiation, of course I negotiate based on ANNUAL, not monthly.
Negotiated based on the annual offer. $XXX XXX
Using a company's annual report as indication of pay potential is a bad idea. Salary bands and company profitability growth are seldom tied together. Strange but true.

The fact that this company is willing to insult you by low balling only a 4+% means they are either tight budget, dont really care about quality and just want cheapest sucker to accept or the role is much lower level than what they tell you.

Whatever the case, they see you much smaller than you think you are worth. Any company that has the cheek to put up so little upfront I wont even bother to negotiate further. It has a not serious label written all over it.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app