Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats an acceptable pay increment to ask for , new job, new co
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Verified Member

Watson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
all companies want to cut hiring budget as much as possible. you want 15% increment? no problem. no bonus, aws, promotion, benefits, increment for you. on the other hand, if your drawn pay is slighly lower than the rest, increment, promotion, bonus can be increased. too many people are engrossed with monthly figures that they fail to check out the other shortfalls.
I did my homework on the new co, its financially sound and doing better then my current company.
But...
My current company has more potential to hit 3 to 4k more than what I am drawing now. Why I say so. I know for the level I am at now in my current company the ceiling is close to 10k. Possible a few more salary bands at the current level I am at. single digit growth, and possibly stagnant for 2013.

With the new company, they are doing well, with double digit growth every quater, this can be found in its fiscal report since they are listed. though they are only a 1/4 size of company compared to my current, they are looking to expand in the region. But I doubt it offers way more at the level I will be hired. also for my salary negotiation, of course I negotiate based on ANNUAL, not monthly.
Negotiated based on the annual offer. $XXX XXX