Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Full-time vs internship
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2012, 05:38 PM

kaden1 is on a distinguished road

The main take-away I hope to get from this thread is the clarification of whether there exists any implications for quitting a full-time job after 6 months.

I know that there are limited training opportunities interns receive and the sweatshop working conditions they are made to go through, but if it is not practical for me to work full-time, this is the best way forward.

Harvard and Stanford MBA admission websites both indicate that one need not necessary have working experience to enroll in their MBA programmes. Even if both policies are not representative of admission requirements, it is heartening to know that there are some branded universities that would accommodate my plans.

The basis for comparison between a management consultant and corporate secretary in a MNC is dubious. It would perhaps be more appropriate to compare like with like: CEO vs corporate secretary of an MNC.

I am also guilty of failing to see how lawyering and working as a management consultant would destroy my CV.

I know what I type may sound over-bearing for a 20 year old, with no full-time work experience and have yet to complete NS, but my wish is to only clarify issues raised and to promote constructive discussion.