Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - None of this year's President's Scholars doing Engineering
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Daniel Ong--

Default 3658

Observer- we're on the same side. What I meant was whether he knew you were posting on this comments page as his girlfriend- because some of the things may be good and bad for the general image of scholars...

I don't agree at all when you label blogs such as TOC and Wayangparty as silly- you have to admit that there is something in what they are saying, even though I disagree with them most of the time. I know some of the people at TOC and have had the chance to disagree with them; they are immensely intelligent and certainly aren't as unintelligent as you make them out to be. So let's go easy on labelling people such as 'not ps' and all... especially when your diatribe makes fun of them as unemployed (which is very sensitive). I know its weird for me as a junior to say this, but honestly I thought that was a bit harsh.

(Moreover I don't think blogs such as TOC are inconsequential- they are pretty good indicators of how a particular sector of the population feels, and have immense power to influence. Yeah)

Anyway, I don't want to get dragged into a debate about police and army. Both serve the country, both expose the men who serve to society around them. There is no "better", only what suits oneself for a career. To each his own, and after all its about the service, not what service is better because they are all necessary. I apologize for the statements I made about the army- they were personal opinions formed from my experiences, and I'm sorry if I offended you. yeah

Well, if you still think I'm an imposter, I just touched down in SG at midnight tonight and will be available for coffee for the next 3 weeks. I'm not sure whether you're really a PS's girlfriend either- so does that make us equal?