Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo private uni grad. Is there any way to recover this position?
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Wait hold on, what makes you think you qualify for DBS SEED?

You got lucky and qualified for Visa Traineeship, it's not a dead-end role, who told you that it's a dead-end role? Based on what facts? Also crazy how you can't even get any job and you think you're too good for visa's traineeship program, what a joke. They do convert people, who said they don't or that it's a low chance? 80% conversion rate out of a 120 intake is a pretty significant amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agree. What really turn me off is the “ew yikes” at the beginning of the post and and the next line determining that it is a “hopeless” situation. How do you sell yourself at interview if you don’t really believe in yourself?

I am also doubtful if SEED is a useful suggestion. The person don’t seem to meet eligibility criteria.

To the OP - suggest you have some focus and think what are your skill sets and what you enjoy doing based on your work experiences so far. You seem to be jumping from accountancy and marketing to SWE, quantitative finance, STEM, stats etc all in a single post. There are a lot of people with private degree who have done well with themselves. All the best.
100% agree with this, OP you're not only pathetic but you just pull nonsense out of your ass and run them as facts to push your own agenda.

Pretty pathetic. If you don't want to do the traineeship out of ego then don't, don't make up some nonsense about low conversion rate. ( no IDEA where you even got this info from )

Also OOP isn't a easy subject, there's a million tutorials out there because people can't seem to pick it up just by looking at 1 tutorial, the fact that you think it's "easy" tells me how inexperienced you are. Please don't become a SWE, you won't make it and we don't want you.