Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2024, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i mean i have accountancy juniors who went direct MA program, when i was s2 drawing 5+, my junior was already earning 9, and not in some IB role or what just a middle office bank role. so you tell me, you can say thats the top 10 percentile for sure. but i also know juniors who left audit earlier than me and now we are on par.

i used to keep telling myself if i extrapolate into the future i will eventually take over them because of the constant progression, but honestly doesnt seem to be the case. and end of the day they already enjoy the benefit of a much better wlb.

on the flip side there are definitely people who leave and earn lesser, but just saying if you conisder both ends of the spectrum, audit is now "average" when you count in the number of hours, its pure crap
Yeah, agreed with the post above. You can’t compare yourself to juniors who chose management associate programs or applied for commercial roles and progressed faster. They likely did more relevant internships or participated in case competitions. Commercial competition might be more intense than at the Big 4. If you are capable, you should venture out of audit.

Most of my peers from NTU chose audit and applied through SURF (with less intense interviews) or got priority offers through internships for Big 4 positions, without exploring other options. It guaranteed us jobs upon graduation, especially during the COVID year when the economy was not doing well. Perhaps many of us chose the Big 4 because we were more risk averse. Some are just waiting to complete their three years ATO experience for the CA.