Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2024, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i mean i have accountancy juniors who went direct MA program, when i was s2 drawing 5+, my junior was already earning 9, and not in some IB role or what just a middle office bank role. so you tell me, you can say thats the top 10 percentile for sure. but i also know juniors who left audit earlier than me and now we are on par.

i used to keep telling myself if i extrapolate into the future i will eventually take over them because of the constant progression, but honestly doesnt seem to be the case. and end of the day they already enjoy the benefit of a much better wlb.

on the flip side there are definitely people who leave and earn lesser, but just saying if you conisder both ends of the spectrum, audit is now "average" when you count in the number of hours, its pure crap
i mean...... being in the same uni and course doesnt mean u and ur junior are the exact same person.. right? if ur juniors spent more time on looking for MNC internships/bank networking or outreach events etc. , rather than just be "lazy" and choose big 4 as the safety path (come on, if u are from the local 3 uni, big 4 internship is like the lowest hanging fruit), it totally makes sense that the juniors' starting pays are higher and raise faster than auditor. lets be honest, the intensity level of big 4 audit interviews are just asking you general questions to ensure u can talk like a normal human being. in any MNC, u need to at least go through 2-3 rounds of interview with case studies/presentations/technical questions. the bar is low and so the pay justifies