Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2024, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello there, sharing my journey to our peeps here.

1. Date x 2024, submitted interest to join a SB
2. x + 3d (days) later, HR called me for some casual chit chat, like why you choose us and why you left your previous job and salary expectations.
3. x + 10d, HR called me again to arrange an online interview with the department head.
4. x + 19d, attended the interview online. Overall did quite poorly imo as I had no idea how to answer one of the question. Interview ask which policy you might want to change and I panicked. Thinking that I lost the chance. I would rate the interview as 6/10 for performance. The director told me they will provide an outcome within 2 weeks.
5. I tot I was no longer wanted after interview, so decided to take up another offer from the Pte sector.
6. x + 32d, HR called and told me to submit payslip for them to follow up further on the interview. I was abit puzzled as I had enrolled in pte sector the 1st day.
7. x + 35d, HR called and verbal offer on phone + provisional offer acceptance sent via email. I asked again for timeline and he said within 2 weeks for the clearance and management approval.
8. x + 47d, formal LOA issued via email. Before that they will call to discuss on the start date. I told them I need 1 week plus time to tender. Instead, I was told to start in 3weeks time.
9. Will be starting the journey on x + 68d.

I had been reading this thread from page one and came to a summary. Btw I didn't provide any g50 maybe that's why mine is slightly within timeline of the magic number 2 weeks.
Receive call from HR = 10% chance to get the job.
Shortlisted = 20-25%
Interview = around 25% - 30%
Final interview = 40 - 50%
Keen to move forward = 60% - 70%
Verbal or provisional offer = 95% (at this stage you should be the 1st candidate in line)
LOA = 99%.

I guess the reason why some of ppl here exceed the number of 2weeks is due to clearance?
Or maybe you are the 2nd candidate in line.
Stay strong brothers and sisters. Believe you will succeed and in the mean time look for other opportunities!
mines at number 6
agaration of the sequence for my own instance

applied 26 Feb
Interview 9 Apr
Submit G50 15 Apr
Screening done and submit payslip for salary computation 11 Jun

And still waiting