Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MAS for Mid Career Professionals
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2024, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think you are confusing yourself when you mix up retrenchment with "being managed out" or mental health suffered". With retrenchment you don't have a choice. With the other 2 you have a choice to continue to work. Mental health and all that BS are just an excuse for weak people who can't handle stress. If that were the case, i suggest you look for jobs like security guard at condo instead. No stress. Your entire perception towards work is wrong to begin with
1. OP here. To clarify, I am not the one who replied at 2.26pm yesterday. While they accurately represented my views on the managing out point, I do not know who they are.

2. In any case, the references in my post to claims of being managed out and mental health suffering due to work environment is from previous posts on this forum thread written by others. Disbelieve if you will, but I can categorically tell you I am also not those posters. Following from this, your statement about my “entire perception towards work” is woefully inaccurate.

3. “ Mental health and all that BS are just an excuse for weak people who can't handle stress.” - this statement seems to run directly counter to recent statements this year by then DPM (concurrently CM MAS, as he then was) that mental health is a key national priority, having grown in importance in Singapore and around the world. It is the subject of one of two new consultative groups formed, alongside climate action. If you dare, provide these contrarian views together with your full name to the group. So it can be known that such uncharitable views persist in the workplace. Include your current designation, just in case your position lends your words more weight. Don’t hide behind anonymity.

4. Your views on security guard (whether at condo or elsewhere) reflect a gross lack of touch with the ground. Far from being a cushy job, there are reports aplenty of security guard being subject to physical abuse and more. At least with psychological abuse from toxic/narcissistic bosses, one can escape for sanity sake.

5. Remember that if some day in the future you ever hope to join GE (general election, not the insurer owned by OCBC bank), you need concrete demonstration of being in touch with reality. If not, don’t be one of those who come here with motherhood statements about serving the public. The colleagues you don’t like, the counterparts from stakeholders that MAS works with who annoy you because you think they are cmi (cannot make it) or cui or whatever, are they not Singaporeans too? Learn to humbly serve those people who are different to you, before you pontificate and punctuate every other sentence about serving Singapore and Singaporeans!