Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS Bank career advancement, starting from entry
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2024, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, I know of a handful of people who converted from contract to perm positions, both within the same department or they applied for other perm role in other department and got it. My bosses told me hiring managers tend to prefer those who work in DBS before as they are more familiar with the landscape. However, come end 2022 I also know of good workers whose contract not renewed in 2023 due to budget constraints - excuse given by the bosses.

In the event you get converted to perm, you get to apply for internal mobility (aka department transfer) after 2 years of working in your current role where i heard your boss cannot stop you, also depends on job availability. I also know of those who manage to transfer <2 year, but I think you need the approval of your bosses for this (not 100% sure how).

All the best for your application.
All these BS about internal transfer and your boss cannot stop you is utter BS la. Unless the boss on the otherside know you personally he/she will do a check with your current boss on your work attitide and performance and all your current boss need to do is to bad mouth you and your trabsfer will be shelved.