Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2024, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I ask, fellow male practitioners here, do you all get chaperone when examining the lungs or heart? (E.g for urti case)

Feeling scared/confused after the recent mme webinar last sat. Seems quite easy to get complaint/sued nowadays..
If you admit that you examine over the clothes, then they can say this is not the usual standard of care (which is full exposure of chest for respiratory exam)

Just feels that we are in a precarious position practicing medicine daily. Just seen a senior doctor suspended for missing a torsion (for a boy who presented initially with abdominal pain)
Like 1 mistake, your rice bowl gone
unker when i locum, i nv examine front one unless is very paeds or very old aunty.
urti just need to ascultate back for most cases what

die die need chaperone if you touch the front.

the senior doctor suspension is correct. imagine if your son lose a ball. or you lose a ball.
young boy testicular pain is always torsion. after torsion is ruled out is EO.
always refer. you dont have ultrasound in your clinic go get one. if you dont have one, please send to ed.

another trap is cornea ulcer. very painful red eye with vision problem. always refer. then you tell me your clinic no slit lamp or fluorescin. then of course you should refer right. sometimes hard to determine cornea abrasion or ulcer. still refer.

the era is different. in 1800s lose balls nvm, become enunch or castrato singer. in 2020 cannot. coz no job for enunch or castroto singers.

btw gdfm would have sufficiently taught the above two conditions. i was a gdfm grad.