Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

1. It’s better to be honest and share your learning from that incident which led you to your C-. Some Ps will see your sincerity. If you lie about it, they’ll surely find out one. When Ps want to shortlist you, they will definitely do reference check. They have access to your perf grade and will surely ask the sch that gave you the C- why you were given that grade. So, it’s better to be upfront.

2. Can apply for both. If you get open posting, that’s great. If not, if your wish is to change sch due to distance, you still have closed posting if your open posting fails. If you are currently unhappy with your current sch, a change might be good (regardless the sch might be better or not). At least, you can restart in a new environment. Who knows, you might thrive there? Just be positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP_123 View Post
1)
I will like to ask if anyone knows about OP.
I had C- last year. Any chances of being asked about it and hence lose my chance of open posting?

I was promoted last year. (2023) Within 2 years, I was promoted actually from 3 to 4. I didnt perform as well last year as I didnt communicate as well with the vendor and so there was some issues and it semi lead to a potential safety issue. So got graded down.

I need to change school as I live very far away (17km by car) has been grabbing for 1 year + and it is very ex. In addition, new P came in. The new P has made many people quit or leave already. We have average of 3 HL per mth now.

2) If I cant get OP, I will like to try Close posting. But is it a risk? As I heard some close posting schools are horrible.