Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Since I have been trawling for a while, I thought I would contribute my little share.

I graduated in 2000 from NUS law school and was making about $3.7k per month at that time at one of the larger firms in 2001.

This was a really tough time to be a lawyer and I was bounced around quite a bit earning $3.5k the next year as a lawyer in a small firm and thereafter the same amount in a media company.

In order to make ends meet, I moved to Vietnam to practice law in a local law firm again making $3.5k for two more years.

I move back at the end of the contract and landed a job in a GLC for $5.5K a month for about two years. The bonus was great but I wanted more.

I moved then to an international bank as a VP for $7K per month.

I did that for two years before moving to another international bank for $10k per month.

Right now, after 11 years of slogging, I am finally doing about 190K per year including bonuses and have four private properties and one half share of an industrial property generating passive income.

Its not bad but its not as great as the other people out there it seems, but its enough to keep us all alive and kicking.