Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2024, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is this poster a local uni graduate same year as me where we do not qualify for the transitional arrangement pre-admission 5 day course nor any scaq exemptions.

For us who is still in accounting, its really painful to see the scaq and the industry to be in such state. We were neither covered by accounting org like CPA Aust nor whatever 'accelerated pathway and exemptions' which current uni grad have. It's precisely the combo of (5 exams + 3yrATO) that dissuaded most of us and future gen not to take scaq. Now that it's "soften", it does not apply to us, making our degree seems like a piece of toilet paper that does not qualify any exemptions cause we are seen as outdated. And at this point, looking at our age and life commitment we have, how to take on 5 exam papers which goes back to the point where we do not even qualify for any exemptions. So many years of working experience can't even be recognised for the ATO practical experience if our employers were not ATO. This whole scaq thing is really a pain in the ass for us and our bosses who went through the 5 day course laughing at us when I told them about SCAQ which they didn't know it exist.

Yea, I know, it really sux to be us born in wrong year and stuck in the in-between batch. Got it.
Yeah.

After SQP was introduced, people complained and say "I born too late"

Now after "SCAQ Accelerated Pathway 2 x sponsored paper" + "2 x Exemption after graduation" introduced, people say "I born too early"