Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2024, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

How common is it for director (head of dept) to be part of the panel interview for temp staff position in a stat board?

I notice at 1 of the stat boards, only DD and her subordinates were present, but not the Dir. Makes sense as Dir no time to entertain lowly temp staff. So DD is the one who makes the final verdict.

However, at another stat board interview, all 3 - Dir, DD & AD - were present. I find it interesting cos you don't get to meet the Dir until you get to the second round of the interview for perm staff. What are the odds for temp staff?

If Dir sits in during temp staff interview (the 1 and only round), does that imply that the decision to hire someone has been made beforehand, and that the interview is just a formality to validate the hiring confirmation?

I suppose the bonus point is both the DD and Dir are eagerly awaiting for you to step foot inside the meeting room before you even arrive lol. Even for private sector, I hardly receive such "red carpet" treatment from the big bosses who are interviewing me