Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2024, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why are you kids so obsessed with the qualifications anyway? Your membership fee costs more than the extra pay you get from having one and I'll be honest, that almost never happens. Just focus on getting your technicals down and build domain knowledge in useful industries. I've been reviewing case study assignments from candidates who are audit associates and they're genuinely terrible quality-wise in the sense that there's no logic, there's inconsistencies and random boxes everywhere.

Let's be honest, with such complete lack of attention to detail, you won't be making partner in PA anyway so you'll do fine without any certs.
I am the original poster who asked whether shall i do the CPA Aus.

Tbh, i am not sure how it will help me in my career.
Sometime it is just everyone have it , so with the kiasu mindset, you will want to have it as well.
The professional qualifications will just be testament on my knowledge and my experience as i already in my mid 30s (9 years in audit , left during SM , take slight paycut for regional finance role)

When you reach certain stage in your career, you just want to have something that you dont have.