Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2024, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Calling ********. I don’t have a masters degree and was offered MX12 as a fresh grad. Not a scholar.

You are not informed at what HR has been doing these days. I’m not the only one. Most lf the people in my batch were offered MX12 as well.
I think people are just interested as it seems to be an anomaly, but if this is what some ministries are offering, it signals a change from the status quo. I'm in the Ministry of Communications and Information and to my knowledge, fresh grads all come in at MX13, with the title of Assistant Manager (years ago, it was Executive).

After their first year, there is a 'default' (if nothing goes terribly wrong) promotion to MX12, with the title of Manager.

If there are indeed ministries offering fresh grads to MX12, it would be good to know if this is happening across the board to all fresh grads in a certain batch, whether it's going to be case from hereon, or whether there were certain criteria you or other fresh grads being offered MX12 right off the bat (as you mentioned most, not all) had to fulfil.