Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HTX (Home Team Science and Technology Agency)
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2024, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think it is just unfortunate that there is no safe way to actually whistleblow on all these unfair practices.
You can always use vpn, anonymous email, then send to whoever you think is the highest up in the reporting line.

Problem is, as you suspect, whistleblowers run risk of reprisal. If you manage to remain anonymous, your complaint will be lacking in details to merit spending resources for further investigation. If there’s sufficient details to probe further, likely you may leave some clues to your identity.

Then, it’s a matter of how far those you accuse will go to defend themselves. What you report may be true but it may turn out your biggest work nightmare. It’s sad but true. I expected otherwise.

For avoidance of doubt, not referring to HTX specifically but treatment of whistleblower doesn’t seem too different everywhere. In the end it’s the whistleblower who has to leave. And some will continue smearing them to the very last day or beyond.

Against these considerations, I agree that anyone thinking of exposing “unfair practices” should think very carefully if they are able to afford the consequences of “whistleblowing”.