Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2024, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP here again. Thanks for all the responses. I will start by saying while I appreciate all of your views, that the following is generally the advice given to people intending to move in-house (yes, gain legal substantive skills, then move in-house; no one wants to train ppl in-house cos you are a cost centre; only law firms are invested to train you b/c you are an asset there).

However, my point was not that. ...
OP again- So, now having addressed all of the above, my question (2) remains:

In light of the new admission regime (being pushed forward by SILE and SCCA), and to all you in-house folk lurking around the forums or those of you who have credible knowledge to such (not law students or junior assocs who echo what others say)- to you as decision makers in this new climate where future trainees have the opportunity to work under/with you as a warm body for 3-6 months (in the name of the new admission regime):

(a). If such a future trainee were to approach you to do a stint with you, how can they get you to say yes to such stint?

(b). If you know of any people who have done in-house internships/stints (outside of a firm-arranged secondment) that they have self-sourced, what avenues have they taken? e.g. applying on linkedin? personal connections? via the SCCA/ACC or other job portals? university programmes, such as NUS or SMU's programmes? Advisory.sg or some mentorship thing?

Hopefully, this discussion helps future trainees figure out how they can go about, in light of the new admission regime opening such possibilities.