Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2024, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it true that as someone who was foreign educated (left after O levels), I will be regarded as someone who CMI in SG, hence pursued education overseas?

Is it also true that I may have a target on my back if I decide to return, as those currently in power will view me as potential competition in the small SG pond?

I am ABMS board certified, my medical school is recognized in the 2nd schedule. I am fairly published in my field (>30 first author publications in American and European journals), write textbook chapters in my specialty's reference books (think Harrison's), and regularly invited as a speaker/KOL at national conferences.

I am fully prepared to work as a conditional AC for a year or two before I can be fully registered if I decide to return to SG. However, I am a bit hesitant after speaking with a couple of SG docs who have left SG, as they warned me about moving to SG for the above reasons.

Thanks in advance.
Whats in Singapore that you need to go back to?
You are crazy.
It is like a Singaporean saying they are MMed and want to move abroad.
Same issues.
If you really need to move maybe write to the hospital department heads and ask if they want you.