Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Actually how do you all know what work/career u all wanna do?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
personally i suggest fresh grads not to join ministry or stat board straight after grad. personally, i gave up a high-paying stat board job offer, took a pay cut of $600 to take up a private job offer coz i feel the latter gives me more opportunities to make new career inroads. most govt jobs have scholar ceilings, low pay increments, and doing irrelevant work in relation to the job industry. be prepared to take pay cut if u wanna switch to private.but if u want a smooth sailing route, den perhaps this is the road u could take
i am in the private sector engineering MNC for 5 years, i can say the increment is far worst compared to statboard/ministry....

NTU 2nd lower with NS,

that time in 2007, my starting pay in this mnc is 2900, now after 5 years with 1 promotion , can't even hit 3.9k, but close to it!!!(no work-life balance)

my friend from those statboard/ministry, with 5 years exp, already getting 4.5k to 5.5k on average!!

the annual salary is similar compare to government sector about 16 mth