Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2024, 08:31 PM

LuisDiaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is my first local bank. Have worked in foreign banks throughout my career. I did try to ask for 20% when I quit foreign banks but the local bank lowball me to accept 15% increment with the assurance that local bank bonus usually quite good. I just want to highlight that since 2020, local banks have increase staff pay significantly to match foreign bank pay and adjust for inflation at least for dbs and UOB. Many staff experienced a 25-35% increase in pay during this period. U can ask around dbs and UOB friends whether they gotten pay adjustment. I am not lying. My monthly salary has increased by 40%. My friends who worked in foreign banks are still getting to standard 3% increment and risk of layoff with low bonus. Where else the local bank staff are getting higher and higher bonuses due to record high profits.
i can affirm this as well. switch to local bank in 2021 after almost 15 years in foreign bank. since then gotten 12% increment on my first year then 10% on my 2nd year and 4 months plus bonus for both year. And i wasn’t promoted.