Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2024, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

8PQE here

Seeing so many posts on practising vs in house superiority, I feel ashamed that this is even a topic of discussion.

Indeed, in house is not as draining as private practise. (one client vs many clients)

But my learned seniors who went in house were all incredibly talented in their fields, in fact as a NUS law grad who scored 2.1, I feel like I am but a frog in the well when I compare myself to them.

I often have to call up my seniors who left for in house jobs on academic/ROC related questions. Funnily enough, they know it better than my peers who are practising alongside me. (ROC2021 lol)

Calling them failures.. would make me less than a failure and that is disheartening and bad taste at the very least.

I think the reason why they moved in house, at least from what I gathered during our meet ups, is that their lives changed after they got married and have different life goals. They do not want to spend time in the office slugging their guts out till the morning for a firm that will replace them in a heartbeat.

If they came back to practise I would want them on my side rather than having to go against them.

damn I really miss them. guess I should hit up the whatsapp chat group again to catch up with them.