Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2024, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol I'm the original poster asking about FRACGP in singapore but I did not post that 400k comment haha. 400k is too much for a 1st year gp fellow in aus la, i think its more like 250-300k and inclusive of super (aka Australian CPF). Taking into account tax rates, its equivalent to a 200-220k salary in sg so very comparable to FP salaries in sg im assuming based on previous posts in this thread.

400k possible in Aus as a laojiao GP or if work in rural, but the same can be said for gps in sg.
U come back is C reg.
Only private that take C reg is Raffles.
Suggest U don't be chained to them.

So U can only join Mohh or possibly interview for at one of the cluster polyclinic to get a job
Easy to be hired by Mohh.
But they can send U anywhere they want.
Polyclinic has been asking for manpower like no buddy business but Mohh don't sent us many

Harder to be hired by cluster polyclinic directly
Because each manpower is valuable.
They hire a dud who can't stand the pressure end up the clinic suck thumb

For fp registration in sg U need a registratable post-grad degree
Fracgp is registerable.
But U also need 3 years of relevant fp experience
Go see the accredition website what is acceptable.
Totally add up must be 3 years. Depending on your fracgp posting U might not meet 3 years if U newly minted.

Local context wise
FP is a register and hence fp is a protected tittle. Gp isnt
On the register U can provide healthier SG, Chas etc
To be on the register, lowest paper qualification is a local gdfm plus 3 years of relevant exp

M.med difference to gdfm is that if U work in public you will be on the consultant pathway while gdfm will be on the fp pathway. Salary of course will diverge but not big.
In private, no one cares.
Ur fracgp unfortunately puts U on fp pathway only.
FP -> senior fp-> principal fp.
FP starts about 150k to 160k annual. 8 K basic salary plus other variable component.
Increment bout 3 to 5 percent a year to basic
Promotion about 10 percent to basic plus increase to fp award and service. About 200k if U hit it in minimal time.
About 5 year to be senior fp
8 year to principal fp. I have a few principal fp sitting at 250 to 300k pa
Shall not mention consultant pathway since not relevant to you.