Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I believe your sponsored degree is recognised within your own ministry right? If you want to leave your current and to have your degree recognised in another stat board or ministry, you cannot go through the transfer programme, instead, you have to go through the fresh hire path which means your extended leave benefits and salary package will not be transferrable. Also, the starting pay package that they will likely offer you will be based on a fresh grad kind of starting salary which yes, might be lower than your current one. Your previous 12 years exp while holding on to a diploma may not be fully taken into consideration because if you are applying for a role which requires a degree, usually HR only consider the years of experience after you have obtained your degree. If the role you interviewed has relevancy to the previous 12 years, the HR may consider you to have some experience and offer you a slightly higher than fresh grad pay.

It all depends on how you see this matter in the long term. You want to take a pay cut now and have a wider progression path and longer retirement age or you didn't want to have a pay cut and don't mind having a shorter retirement age.

I was from the diploma path and obtained a degree later on my own and rejoined the PS as a "fresh hire grad"
Thanks for sharing. At what age did you rejoin?