Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MAS for Mid Career Professionals
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2024, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The flaw is in your sentence. How can you be an officer who works hard to perform well if you are an average officer. I am aware of plenty bang average officers who mistakenly believe they are exceptional due to the lack of candid feedback from their manager that their work output is mediocre.
This year PB already known. From what I understand, most average ones can expect 2 - 2.5 months plus minus.

The earlier poster comes along announcing his or her superstar bonus of 3.5 months. From what I’m aware, this is not the norm for most MAS officers save for superstars.

So, the question posed is to find out if the bonus pool has increased for ordinary folks (average meaning not scholar, not superstar, not yet identified as high po), such that they may aspire to receive 3.5 months by working hard to perform well in the next year.

This being a salary forum, it is a valid question lest others go away with the misleading impression that 3.5 months is the norm in MAS.

As for the bang average officers you encounter at work, how about mustering the bravado to tell their managers? It could be that their managers are new in the role and do not want to rock the boat, otherwise, could it be that the officer who is bang average at work has some exceptional people skills such as flattery aka giving the answers your boss wants to hear! Half joking!