Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2024, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looking at the recent posts, I just feel the need to share with younger educators that a forum is a forum and its not the most accurate source of information. A lot of these reviews given by poor performers are one-sided, and tbh its not easy to get a D grade these days. Often, the officer's lack of self-awareness is the problem, hence don't be too trusting of these online stories and end up feeling jaded, because honestly its not that bad for the majority.

On those that are performing or want to perform, as the long suffering SEO1 has alluded to, leadership in school is increasingly difficult, increasingly toothless, more consultative/conducive -- for good or bad. Much like a DM who cannot really enforce the rules anymore. Be prepared to be tested and face extremely difficult colleagues in ur path to move up the ladder.

Long story short, take stories here with pinch of salt and practice discernment.

Agree with this. Im on my school’s ranking panel for 6 yrs and in that time I have never ever seen a D being given. Even C- is given with huge reluctance and after a lot of debate.

To the younger officers out there, take what you read here with a pinch of salt. Your KPs are not out to get you.