Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'll strongly advice those who are applying at SIAEC as LAE's to take a second and think it through. The market is not like what it used to be. You will get paid $1000 a month for 3 years.(apprentice) And the exam requirements are much stringent now. You only get one try per paper. Fail more than twice, and you are up for review. And did I say you have a $72K bond hanging over your head ? Which you are liable to pay if you decide to resign or if the company sacks you during your first 8 years. (3 years apprentice + 5 years bond) Some apprentice resign within the first 3 months to cut short their lost.

The travel benefit are all gone. Used to be subload tickets to any SIA destination for your family. 2 tickets for parents if single and tickets for wife and 2 kids if married. Not anymore.
And you have to get your hands dirty. Grease, engine oil, highly corrosive hydraulic and other risks. These have long term impact on your health.

My advice is, if you are interested in aviation, apply to be a cadet pilot. Much better.
Totally agreed... Pls consider carefully b4 joining... Know what u really want...