Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MAS for Mid Career Professionals
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2024, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you heard correctly; MDD is one of the departments where MAS scholars are usually posted to, and for good reason. The work is fast-paced, high-value and there's quite a bit of it, but on the plus side you get to work with and learn from smart, hardworking people.

That being said, MAS is rather egalitarian in that scholars and farmers are treated more equally based on performance, unlike other public agencies that automatically reserve higher CEP and performance grade quotas for scholars.

There are plenty of opportunities and experience is relevant to private sector, so it's also more like private sector workload, hours and progression than the typical "sit-around-do-nothing" perception of public service.

So,
If you are the ambitious driven type who likes a fast-paced environment, wants to prove yourself, get promoted quickly and maybe go private sector after, good.
If you are the chill slacker type who prioritises work-life balance, wants to sit around, do minimal work, go home on time every day, not good.

Depends on what you want.
I see, thanks for the insights! Do you happen to know how the MDD team culture is like? And are the team lead/bosses etc okay to work with? I strive under an environment where the bosses are capable and do not micromanage. Am Prepared to work hard if work is meaningful. Also Wrt to the point you mentioned on exit opportunities, does private sector value the experience of MDD staff? I had thought it would not be as transferable. Genuine question as I inferred from past threads that staff usually just rotate, instead of going out.