Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Can Singapore run without blue collar workers? why are we unappreciated?
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can fully understand the thread starter's predicament. Blue collar jobs are not appreciated here due to the simple fact that the Govt let loose boatloads of foreign workers into Singapore ! They could work for half our pay simply because they have no family here to support and they have no CPF. Some even live in their company illegally. Toil like hell for a few years and a rich man back home. That's not an option for us !

I'm an aircraft technician, and sad to say, I can only bring back $2.5K after working abt 23 days a month almost 12 hrs each day.( Lots of OT). If I dun do OT, then I'm bringing back 1.9K. My friend who migrated to Australia works as a car mechanic in BMW and he stays in a double storey landed property with 3 kids to boot ! He told me construction workers there make good money.

Those countries understand the importance of blue collar workers when these workers decide to go on strike ! That's when the **** hits the fan. I mean, if ur company can't provide good service due to the workers on strike, the management would be in trouble. That's why the management in those countries are on their toes. I mean, have you seen management go on strike

My advice to you is try to upgrade yourself. Get a Diploma or something. Or vote for the opposition during next election

My cousin in Perth (she's 19) makes AU$2900/month as the duty shift manager at the Red Rooster near her house (2min drive). That's about SGD3400 (before taxes)

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app