Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Performance Bonus
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2024, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That time i wasn't too fixated with the MX grade. I applied for the role which i wanted to do and i got it.

Later on, i learnt that it was an MX12 estab, but I wasnt too concerned because i was focused on getting emplaced. So i told my bosses, yes i maybe hired for this role, but if you need help in other areas, just throw to me.

I got emplaced 2 yrs later when an MX11 officer resigned. That's when my boss told me, your current portfolio is light, we need to load you with more things. I said i'm opened, just throw it to me.

Fast forward to today, am i disadvantaged when i signed at a lower MX grade? Though back then, my yhinking was to get into CS then slowly work up
dont worry, your thinking wasnt wrong at that point in time. we all have different goals at different stages.

there are probably other factors at play? vacancies available? qualifications? whether your boss fights for your performance grade/promotion?

that said, getting emplaced these days is already quite hard so u should pat yourself on the back...dont think too much