Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2024, 03:03 AM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its not MOE's fault. You only need to look at this thread to see how younger teachers are dismissive of older colleagues.
I think it goes both ways. I also see a lot of older colleagues belittling younger teachers.

Ultimately, in this meritocratic society, who has the best ability, will eventually rise up, wherever you go to.

As much as some of the younger generation should learn to be respectful towards the older colleagues. Some of the older colleagues also need to learn that they will definitely be replaced eventually, and that it's harder for them to keep up to date with the new changes. Their energy and zeal is just not as much as the young group who has the potential to create new ideas and push for certain things to be done. E.g. receptiveness towards the utilisation of SLS, or hybrid synchronous/asynchronous lessons, differentiation, etc.

Of course there will be that anomaly on both groups. But I am speaking generally, and based on what I have seen over the years, being the 'older' group myself.