Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope this is completely false,

we can check, I know that JP BO for associate level pays 8k, DBS is 6.5k

JP pays 1 month bonus = 8k bonus
DBS pays 3 months bonus = 6.5 * 3 = 19.5k bonus

so the difference in bonus is 11.5k right?

now let's compare their base
DBS = 6.5k * 12 = 78k
JP = 8k * 12 = 96k

difference is 18k

DBS total comp = 97.5k
JP total comp = 104k

crazy that people think all banks pay the same, they don't. if they did then why would anyone ever join JP? you know that they have probation and will lay you off whenever they want right? It's a American bank which is at "will" employment even if it's operating outside of homeland soil ( outside US )

DBS is NOT an American company, they don't follow a "at will" employment. They don't anyhow fire you and there's plenty of rumors saying people get "BT" rating ( below target ) and still remain in the bank for years.

Try getting a "BT" equivalent in JP, you'll be gone by March.

Foreign banks pay you a lot more ( 5 - 10k more ) than locals for a obvious reason. Also I'm being lenient in my comparison, we're assuming that you can even get 3 months bonus in DBS while 1 month bonus in JP is the lowest guaranteed standard that everyone gets.
some points for clarification:
1. Cannot compare JP assoc with DBS assoc. Compare with DBS senior assoc instead. DBS the progression too quick, 2-3 years can be assoc liao.
2. Who says JP BO assoc pays 8k? They pay around 7-7.5k.
2. DBS senior assoc ez ez got 7k
2. DBS bonus ez ez at least 4 months.
3. DBS ez ez also have annual pay increment, at least beat inflation or more.
4. So all in, total comps JP = 98k vs DBS = 112k

Why u trying to lowball local bank????