Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2024, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it really worth to be LH or ST in the school ?
For me, yes. One thing I absolutely hate is to be brought up during appraisal and let the heads rank me, which we all know that it is not entirely a very far and transparent process. I had my fair share of being shot for ridiculous things which they claimed that I did, which are untrue. Being a KP means that your perf grade will be determined by SLs or at most with some senior KP’s input, particularly your RO. Also, depending on schools, you might not be a form or cca teacher.

At the same time, being appointed means that you take on greater responsibilities, which likely equate to better performance grade, and faster promotion. You might also get small allowance if you are in the GEO sub grade.

But…

If your school still tax SH heavily, needing them to run cca, being a form teacher, having little to no reduction in workload, then no. You must also like being an RO, don’t mind having additional exco meetings, and being given additional planning work to do. At times, your heads might also taichi sai jobs that he/she doesn’t want to do to you.

I do love being a KP tbh, but I have seen many struggle and even stepped down.So…it really depends on your preference.