Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2024, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no lmao they dont give a f if you got masters or not, there's plenty of people in dbs with a poly diploma

just google "Application developer dbs linkedin" and you'll see many bootcampers with no degree who are analyst / associate rank in dbs.

your increment is based on current pay, if you were getting 6k as an associate, 20% jump is normal because senior associate lowest pay range start from 7k.

u work in dbs right? go see ur peopleshub, look for hiring policy, it's literally written there "salary increments are subject to performance and salary range limits"
Hmm... Not sure how you came to that conclusion that they "dont give a f if you got masters or not", maybe you can shed some light on that information? I think your information is limited to tech/developer teams, but not to other depts / BUSU that are non-tech such as mine. Also apart from those policies that serve as a guide, they are not absolute indicators, ultimately is up to your bosses to push for it with HR as well as many other factors (e.g. bank/department/team performance scorecard etc). Since i know Snr Assc non-tech whose pay ranges from 5-6k, snr assc lowest pay range from 7k sounds like it is only applicable to tech.

In my case, was told my by 2 leads when they handed my compensation statement that my increment was based on several factors: Academic qualiflications, Years of Exp, Job Role, comparison with my contemporaries / equivalents within DBS, comparing with market rates etc. Although my current role that I applied for was at Assc level, I was told that usually those who join with masters in my department get minimum Snr Assc (had 5+ yrs work exp prior to joining) - hence the increment. Also jump for me from Assc to Snr Assc is 7 to 8+.

Cheers...