Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2024, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'll be finishing my Aerospace Engineering Diploma in a few weeks. I applied for SIT but since my GPA's hovering around 3.2 I'm not sure if I can get in. I'm getting a little stressed out looking for jobs a fresh Diploma grad can do. I looked at several technician trainee programmes but the low pay is discouraging. Any advice please?
Similar to any fresh pilot bonded to their company, trainees always have lower pay, if you can't bite the bullet then I guess this industry is not for you. An experienced tech with a diploma can command up to 6k to 12k salary outside of Singapore, so think 5 to 10 years down the road and not what is in front of you. The work we do is "craftmanship" based and therefore degree is not really anything unless you dream of being in an office and having 3 hours of lunch break daily.

Another route for you is to join STAero as a trainee LAE with a minimum entry of diploma, if you wanna boost your chance u can find any intern starting jobs like aircraft planner, trainee technician, store assistant, SATS, DNATA or basically anything aircraft related to boost your chance in the interview.