Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2024, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's been weighing heavily on my mind lately, and I can't help but wonder if I'm the only one feeling this way. Especially during New Year, when everyone seems to be flaunting their achievements and comparing salaries, it hits harder. Why can't I even reach a five-digit salary? I pour my heart and soul into my work, sacrificing countless after-school hours and weekends for co-curricular activities, event plannings and execution, and ensuring everything runs smoothly. But in the process, I've inadvertently neglected my family for years, and the damage and fallout feels irreparable. Now, my personal life is in shambles, family pretty much gone, and work still demands more from me. I put my entire existence tethered to my job, and despite giving it my all, I'm constantly indirectly told it's not good enough. These thoughts have been consuming me, and I can't shake the feeling that life simply isn't worth living anymore. Am I the only teacher feeling this?
s://.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/y3pa63/chan_chun_sings_moe_is_critically_out_of_touch/?rdt=45513