Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2024, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had the same thoughts as you back when I joined in 2020 Jan. My background was in data analytics and I had 3 years work experience before I joined a specific process and policy department in Gombak camp. people were generally nice and respectful but I hated how I had 4 computers for different purposes and 3 access cards to these terminals. Felt incredibly constricted as I couldn’t even install certain BI programs or analytics software to do my work, was told I had to wait months just to get approval for IT guy to install certain packages on my laptop. Always had very unproductive long hours of meeting with directors and often without much conclusions - usually lasts 3-4 hours and sometimes past working hours.

I resigned in Apr 2020, went back to my old company for another 2 years before resigning again to join a local bank. Never looked back on my decision but I always recall the painful constrictive environment when working there. My only solace was that there was a free gym to workout and relieve stress. Advice to you if you really can’t get in sync with that environment, start looking elsewhere for opportunities. Grass can be greener on the other side!
Good job for pursuing what you really want! Can I just ask, you probably have about 7 to 8 years of exp now, how is your annual compensation like at the moment at the local bank? And how are the working hours like?

Thank you!