Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - calculate salary must calculate the hidden cost also
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Verified Member

kakarukeys is on a distinguished road

And you were silenced by my new example. Good if you finally see the truth in it. It's different from my situation but it conveys the same message: that the monthly pay doesn't give a full picture of "actual salary", the actual compensation of the effort a person puts into his job, it ignores the "hidden cost" such as free OT. This what I want to tell in this thread, by using examples and maths.

Unfortunately many has made and continued to make unwarranted remarks, wild assertions to my original post. I am not interested in winning this type of argument, or entertaining trolls.

P/S the SAF example is flawed as I have pointed out earlier. The person can't monetize his free time while he is on duty.

Tuition teacher is a good example to illustrate. Why did you say it's ridiculous? Back then when I just graduated, it was economical downturn due to SARS. I know a friend who taught JC students at $100+/hr, and he took as many as his timetable allows after he got referrals from parents. The key here is again monetizing free time. If you can only take 1 student, you are not monetizing it.