Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - calculate salary must calculate the hidden cost also
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2012, 03:21 PM

poor and stupid is on a distinguished road

Ok, I think there are too many bashing about this post. I guess the thread poster just tries to gives us another view to calculating salary... which is well... very subjective. And to make this even more complex, there is the definition of "work", "obligated working time" etc etc...

Some engineer are constantly "working", figuring out or dreaming about solutions for work related matters, but should we divide their pay by 24hrs/day?
Sales people have to pick up that company sponsored mobile line even if they are flying off to nirvana at 3am in the morning.

My take is that, maybe "total pay" should be pledged to job satisfaction rather than "total time" involved. If you are not happy, you may think that 1000/day pay as a mercenary in a critical war/terrorized zone is super duper ultra low, and playing diablo3 for 5bucks/hour is a super steal!

Or just divide your total pay by your obligated working hour if you are doing unskilled jobs