Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - calculate salary must calculate the hidden cost also
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Comparisons by hourly rate is spurious unless you actually charge by hourly rate. Following your dubious methodology then you might as well adjust for coffee breaks, lunch breaks, commuting times, etc....in which case that takes you down another rabbit hole.

If you want to compare salary then compare salary.... What makes you think your friend doesn't value working OT? Maybe that's just her investment to secure quicker promotion or she might value working extra hours more than leisure time?? Does that mean she not only earns more than you but also derives same daily satisfaction as well?

I'm typing this during my uk lunch break..and decent consultants are paid according to their talent and experience and not by their nationality.

And decent consultants go freelance because they cut out the bosses and partners and work for themselves. If you really value leisure time, go freelance if you have the talent....otherwise continue spending your time finding a compensation metric that shows you off in a superior light.

Btw, I charge around 500 pounds daily but I don't compare with my banking friends about hourly rate.... And they don't haolian to me about their bonuses or lack thereof..

I'm typing this over lunchtime in the UK. I charge a daily rate for my services as a freelance e contractor in the UK.