Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends work in DBS FO, they were a SEEDer, after 2 years they turned to Associate but for some reason, they're still associate 2 years after that.

So basically they were stuck at 6.8 - 7k for a very long time. Every year they didn't get any pay increment because they hit the ceiling and they didn't qualify for next rank bump which was Senior Associate.

I got a few more at Citibank saying the same thing...

At first I thought every year you will get pay bump like 3-5% etc, but apparently that's not true at all, at least in banks, if you hit your ceiling for your role means you don't get a pay bump at all.

AVP in DBS is around 9-11k last I checked. 9k is the ceiling for Senior Associate.

Also no, the function doesn't matter, the pay band is tied to the rank, not the function / role.

This means that you can be FO Associate but start at a lower pay like 5k while a tech BO Associate can start at 6.5kish in DBS. In the end, both will hit cap at 7k if they don't qualify for rank promotion.

This is why in tech they always recommend people to job hop, because once you hit your ceiling, you are fked and even if you get promoted, you will start at the LOWEST BAND of the next rank pay band...

If you job hop, they will start you in the middle of their new pay-band that is 100% more than your current pay-band range.

Agree Job hop is a good way. But how many years at least we should stay at the position after hopping?